Global Forum on Nutrition Sensitive Social Protection
SecureNutrition and the Russian Federation co-hosted the Global Forum on Nutrition-Sensitive Social Protection Programs in Moscow, Russia, on the 10th and 11th of September, 2015.
The event drew participants from 20 countries, and provided a space for hundreds of in-depth conversations around program case studies, social protection instruments, and nutrition principles. Current forum resources are available below. This page will continue to be updated as new materials, including the Global Forum final report, are made available.
Series: Leveraging Social Protection Programs for Improved Nutrition
Agenda (PDF 137KB)
Statement of the Problem Presentation - Meera Shekar, World Bank Group (PDF 3MB)
Keynote Address Presentation - Harold Alderman, IFPRI (PDF 600KB)
Program Snapshot Presentations - Djibouti, Indonesia, Niger, Peru (ZIP 3MB)
The following materials were not official parts of the forum, but are provided by country respresentatives as supporting information.
The role of effective nutrition-sensitive social protection programs has been increasing and the current global development agenda calls for raising the profile of nutrition by ensuring strong leadership and commitment at all levels and across multiple sectors. The Global Forum on Nutrition-Sensitive Social Protection Programs supported these efforts by contributing to the evidence base for policy options and operations/operational actions.
The Global Forum aimed to:
- Better understand existing needs of countries to assist them in setting up well-functioning nutrition-sensitive social protection programs.
- Support countries in catalyzing, building commitments for, designing, establishing, managing, and scaling up nutrition-sensitive social protection programs.
- Disseminate best policies and practices and innovative approaches.
- Improve access to knowledge and build awareness related to nutrition-sensitive social protection.
- Facilitate South-South and Triangular cooperation and exchange of experience and lessons learned.
- Enhance coordination and cooperation among development partners.
- Promote engagement of all interested stakeholders